Goals of the Program
- Encourage students to read a variety of books.
- Promote community among students, staff, and faculty through shared reading experiences and activities both in and out of the classroom.
- Raise awareness and provide insight into the human condition.
- Create a culture of respect for diverse viewpoints.
- Develop lifelong habits of intellectual curiosity, engagement, and critical thinking.
- The 2015-2016 common book will be Half a Life by Darin Strauss.
Click here to learn more about this year's book selection.
- We have many programs throughout Fall semester to further explore the book's themes with new programs added each week.
Check out our event calender.
- Darin Strauss, author of Half a Life, will be visiting Auburn for two presentation and book-signings in September. View our
event calendar for more details.
- Stay connected with our program by following us on