Nominate a Book
The Auburn Connects! Common Book Committee would like your assistance in choosing the book for 2016-2017. If you know a book that you think our incoming students would like to read, please let us know by filling out the form below. Keep in mind the goals of the program and the book selection criteria.
Goals of the program
- Encourage students to read a variety of books.
- Promote community among students, staff, and faculty through shared reading experiences and activities both in and out of the classroom.
- Raise awareness and provide insight into the human condition.
- Create a culture of respect for diverse viewpoints.
- Develop lifelong habits of intellectual curiosity, engagement, and critical thinking.
For a text to be considered as a common book, it must meet the following criteria:
- Relevant to issues related to first-year students and which may appeal to the larger campus community
- Rich in concept and content that will challenge students to gain new perspectives
- Contemporary and engaging
- Appeal to males and females from all backgrounds
- Author or subject is available to visit campus
- Have potential for strong social and academic programming opportunities
- Reasonable length
If you have an AU username, click HERE to fill out the book nomination online form.
If you don't have an AU username, click HERE for a form. Once you have completed the form, please email Valerie Bagley.