SACS QEP Exploratory Committee

Minutes of the Meeting
(Meeting #7)
January 26, 2011

Samford Hall, Room 107

Attending:
Nancy Bernard, Sushil Bhavnani (Chair), Marcia Boosinger, Katelyn Boston, Raj Chaudhury, Drew Clark (SACS Liaison, ex-officio), Deedie Dowdle, Charles Eick, Stephen Erath, George Flowers, Paul Harris, Andy Gillespie, Amy Hecht, Constance Hendricks, Steve Inabinet, Iryna Johnson, Kim Key, Margaret Marshall, Kevin Phelps

The meeting was called to order at 1:30 p.m.

Minutes for the meeting dated January 12, 2011 were approved unanimously as submitted.

Sushil outlined the agenda for the meeting.

1. QEP Topic Survey
Sushil distributed the QEP Topic Survey Instrument developed by Iryna based on work of the Survey Instrument Subcommittee chaired by Amy and Charles. Charles distributed a summary of focus groups results and a memo that summarizes the work of the Survey Instrument Subcommittee.

Iryna presented the QEP Topic Survey. She explained the design of the survey, delivered via the Qualtrics survey tool, and presented the items. Individual items were discussed and refined based on suggestions. The planned use of data from the QEP Topic Survey was also discussed. It was agreed that results of the survey would be made available in some form so that individuals who submit proposals can incorporate the results into their thought process. It was decided that Iryna would revise the survey based on feedback from the committee and prepare the final version for release on January 31, 2011.

2. QEP Website
Deedie presented the QEP website to the committee. The committee reviewed the text for accuracy and clarity and suggested revisions. Deedie noted that it will be important to review the website text for accuracy regarding timing of the QEP stages of development. Drew and Sushil agreed to help with this refinement. The website is scheduled to go live on January 31 as planned.

3. Memo about QEP
Deedie handed out a draft memo about the QEP that will be distributed widely to faculty, staff, and students from the Provost's office. The memo describes the QEP and invites participation in the QEP Topic Survey and proposal process. The committee reviewed the memo and suggested minor revisions. The memo is slated for release on Jan. 31 as planned.

4. Help from the Student Government Association (SGA)
Katelyn reported about SGA efforts to generate student participation and spread the word about the QEP process. She reported that the QEP overviews presented at various SGA meetings on January 24th generated a lot of positive feedback. In addition to sending the memo to undergraduates via email, the SGA recommended a concise flyer for distribution on the concourse. A banner will also be prepared for display on the concourse. Katelyn will select a date for this dissemination event within the February 2-4 window.  Kim will help develop the flyer and banner.

5. Additional Dissemination Activities
Kim reviewed additional efforts to disseminate information about the QEP to the AU community. Communication to the Provost's council and alumni as well as other interested groups, was discussed. We agreed that committee members should attempt to generate interest in the QEP in their respective units, especially when the Call for Proposals is released.

The next committee meeting was scheduled for Feb. 2, 2011 at 1:30 p.m. in the President's boardroom (107 Samford Hall).

Sushil adjourned the meeting at 3:10 p.m.

 

Last Updated: Jan. 28, 2011

Auburn University | Auburn, Alabama 36849 | (334) 844-4000 |
Website Feedback | Privacy | Copyright ©