Attendance Policy for GSC Senators
- All Senators from each department are required to attend all general meetings of the GSC Senate, unless due to illness or another excuse approved by the President.
- If a Senator is absent for a meeting (excused or otherwise), a substitute must be sent in his or her place, and the GSC Secretary should be informed prior to the meeting. This substitute should be a member of the absentee Senator's department, and is authorized to act as a member of the GSC Senate with all the rights and privileges defined in Article 2 Section 2.1 of the Constitution.
- No person can be a substitute for more than one Senator at any one meeting, and no Senator may be a substitute for another Senator.
Policy for Determining "Active" GSC Departments
- By default, each department with two Senators appointed to the GSC is considered to be "active".
- The Executive Committee may vote to remove the "active" status of a department only in the case that at least one of the following apply:
- The GPO for a department has not appointed two Senators to the GSC by the first day of the semester.
- A Senator from that department misses two meetings in a semester without being excused by illness or another excuse approved by the President (see Article 2 Section 3.1 of Code of Laws).
- A department has less than two Senators or substitutes (as outlined in Article 2 Section 3.1) for two meetings within a semester.
- A department is not represented in any University or GSC Committees.
- A Senator from that department does not that represent their department in any University or GSC Committees AND does not volunteer to help run any GSC Event throughout their election term.
- The Secretary is responsible for keeping track of each Department's active status and informs the Executive Committee when any of the above criteria for removing active status is met.
- If the Executive Committee votes to remove a department's active status, then that department's Senators and GPO should be notified immediately.
- The Webmaster should maintain each Department's active or inactive status on the GSC website. If a department is inactive, the website should explain why.
- A department's active status is automatically reinstated at the end of a semester when none of the criteria for removing active status have been met.
Created On: Sep 15, 2011
Last Updated: Jul 11, 2013