|Graduate Student Council Home||GSC Events||Graduate School Website||GSC Facebook Page||Email Us|
Meeting Agenda: January 2013
Document : GSC Senate Meeting Agenda
Meeting Type : GSC Senate Meeting
Date : January 30, 2013
Location : Room 238, Brown Hall
Time : 7:00 PM
Call to Order
Approval of Meeting Minutes from the November 27th 2012 meeting
Amendment Recommendations by the Rules Committee- Vice-President, Dana Lashley
1. Amendment allowing relevant secondary (friendly) amendments to be proposed during the meeting to prevent delays in procedure.
2. Changes in the selection procedure of Exec. VP position and formation of the Hiring Committee.
3. Changes in the SGA Representative position
4. Amendment regarding documentation of meeting agendas/resolutions for all GSC Committees.
(Detail information on all these amendments is included in the Appendix)
A] Information about upcoming Officer Elections- Vice-President, Dana Lashley
Amendment Recommendations by the GSC Rules Committee for the GSC Senate Meeting January 30th 2013
Amendment #1: Goal: GSC could save a lot of time by allowing friendly, relevant amendments to a proposed amendment. These should be an enhancement to the original or a clarification of intent or just correction of typos.
The following amendment suggestion is for GSC Code of Laws, Article 1, Section 4.
4. Secondary amendments may be proposed when the primary amendment is brought to the floor, provided they are relevant to the primary, as determined by the GSC Meeting Chair. These do not require a week’s notice and may be added to the original amendment with a simple majority Senate vote. A two third majority vote is required to pass the amendment as a whole.
Amendment #2: Goal: Executive VP to be recommended annually by the GSC Hiring Committee with Senate approval (instead of the Executive Committee or the Graduate School). The suggested amendments below to Constitution and Bylaws are to be voted on as a package.
Section 1.2: Administrative Vice President
ARTICLE 5: GSC COMMITTEES
SECTION 9: Hiring Committee (HC)
ARTICLE 5: GSC COMMITTEES
SECTION 1: General Rules Governing Committee Operations
4. Except for the President, no person may be appointed to serve as Chairperson for more than one committee. The President may serve as Chairperson for one two committees in addition to serving as Chairperson for the Executive Committee.
Amendment #3: GSC is currently not following its constitution regarding the SGA representative.
Proposed Amendments: Remove Article 1 section 1.6. of Constitution and insert it into Article 2 as a new section 2.1 with the following changes to the original wording:
ARTICLE 1: EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
The Executive Committee shall consist of the following Executive Officers:
Section 1.6 2.1: SGA Representative
Amendment #4: Goal: Better documentation of GSC Committee Meetings for future Senators and Officers to be able to follow and progress.
The following is proposed to be added to GSC Code of Laws, Article 5 GSC COMMITTEES as Section 1.6:
The Chair of each Committee shall document their meeting agendas and resolutions for future purposes.
Created On: Feb 01, 2013
Last Updated: Feb 01, 2013