C2/Auburn – the replacement for Open Blackboard – is now available to departments, units, and programs interested in using Canvas. Auburn has a limited-seat license for this instance of Canvas which is separate from the Banner instance of Canvas currently being used on campus.
Open Blackboard and New Courses/Accounts
- No new courses beginning June 20, 2012
- No new accounts beginning July 1, 2012
- No new enrollments to existing course beginning July 1, 2012
Procedures for and use of C2/Auburn are a bit different from Open Blackboard:
- Units wishing to run courses in C2 will need to purchase seats for approved courses at the rate of $12 per seat per year.
- IMG will create all accounts and enroll all students in courses.
- C2/Auburn will not be authenticated or connected to AU systems.
Courses that run in C2 must be:
- Directly related to University academic concerns and offerings,
- Sponsored by a unit or individual employed by the University,
- Approved by a department head or supervisor
Policies for C2:
- No courses listed in the official University bulletin (for credit hours) will run in C2
- 1 seat = 1 enrollment per course (i.e.: one student enrolled in 2 courses = 2 seats)
- Units can purchase seats in 25-seat blocks, renewable every year (encouraged, but not required)
- Units receive one additional seat for a teacher/admin role for each 25 seats purchased
- Courses will be setup after funds for seats are billed. Units delinquent in paying for seats will have all student accounts suspended until payment is made.
Last Updated: May 8th, 2012