Dental Assistant Online
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CERTIFICATE
Now you can study to become a certified healthcare professional at your own pace and within your schedule. The Dental Assistant ONLINE program is offered by Auburn University with interactive learning modules, 24/7 mentoring, learning exercises, labs, and a student portal with career resources. Learn about this program and enroll today: Dental Assistant Program.
The Dental Assistant Profession
The Dental Assisting Program prepares students for entry-level positions in one of the fastest growing healthcare professions – Dental Assisting. With the national increase in healthcare-related services, and the national shortage of healthcare professionals, the need for dental assistants is growing substantially. With a growing workforce over 300,000 strong, a career in dental assisting ranks as the fourth fastest growing occupation in the healthcare technician field. To meet our nation’s growing medical demands, recent studies indicate that over 400,000 assistants will be employed by 2030.
- Tuition: $3,950.00
Self-paced eLearning course includes 6-months access to online content, all eBooks, supplemental content, and related course materials, as applicable.
- Register: Enroll Now
- Contact: Call 334-844-5100 for more information.
The Dental Assistant Program
The purpose of the Dental Assistant Program from Auburn University is to familiarize students with all areas of administrative and clinical dental assisting focusing on the responsibilities required to function as an assistant in a dental practice. This course covers the following key areas and topics:
- Introduction to the dental office and history of dentistry and dental assisting
- Legal aspects of dentistry including policies and guidelines
- Introductory oral anatomy, dental operatory, and dental equipment
- Introductory tooth structure including primary and permanent teeth
- The oral cavity and related structures
- Dental hand-pieces, sterilization, and other areas
- Dental assistants and aides should have or be pursuing a high school diploma or GED.
- Students who complete this comprehensive course would be prepared to sit for the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) – Radiation Health and Safety (RHS) exam, and the DANB – Infection Control Exam (ICE).
- In many states, DANB-RHS certification is required to work in dental radiography.
- In addition to facilitating entry-level administrative positions, this course is ideal for students interested in pursuing a future formal dental hygienist program.
Detailed Course Topics Covered
- The dental assisting profession & history of dentistry
- Dental anatomy and physiology
- Tooth charting, tooth surfaces, and classification of restorations on a tooth
- Parts of the jaw and areas of the mouth
- Oral health and preventions of dental disease
- Infection control in dentistry and occupational health and safety
- Patient information and assessment
- Foundation of clinical dentistry
- Dental radiology
- Single crown restoration, bridge, implant, partial denture, and full denture
- Dental equipment, accessories & treatment room
- Dental hand pieces and accessories
- Dental cements and impression materials
- Coding of radiology services & using ICD-10-CM codes
- Assisting in comprehensive dental care
- Dental administration and communication skills
Each course includes:
- 24/7 instructor support and course mentoring
- Student and instructor collaboration
- Engaging labs, student exercises, course videos and animated simulations
- Student pre and post assessments and online performance tracking
- National and state certification opportunities
- A secure Student Portal which includes: career guidance, resume writing and other career resources
How to Enroll
Use the following link to enroll: Dental Assistant Program
Learn about this program and enroll: Dental Assistant Program or call 334-844-5100.
Last Updated: July 20, 2021