Welcome to Auburn University! As a new full-time employee, this page will provide you with the instructions and forms that must be completed prior to your New Employee Orientation attendance. If you have questions or concerns contact your Supervisor or Hiring Manager.
Additionally, this page will acquaint you with important information about benefits and the various support and service activities on campus.
We are excited that you are joining the Auburn family. We will work diligently to ensure a smooth transition and to help you have a rewarding orientation experience.
New Employee Orientation
Human Resources conducts New Employee Orientation at the Auburn University Administrative Complex (1550 E. Glenn Ave.).
The date and time of your session was provided in your welcome letter. Attendance is by invitation, and you will be scheduled for a session within your first 30 days of full-time employment.
1. Print and complete these forms and submit them to your supervisor:
Form I-9 (This item is included in the New Employee Checklist which is listed above. If you have not yet created and completed your I-9, use the Employer Code #18580 to begin the process.),
2. Create and activate your AU email account. You will need your Banner Number and User ID which your HR Liaison, Hiring Manager or Supervisor will provide to you.
3. Register your mobile device for 2-Factor Authentication with DUO. NOTE: During your orientation session, you will be selecting your benefits and items 2 and 3 must be completed to enroll in benefits online.
4. Familiarize yourself with Auburn University’s Benefits at a Glance.
5. Review the Dependent Eligibility Requirements. You will be asked to submit copies of applicable documents at New Employee Orientation.
If you have any questions prior to orientation please contact Human Resources at (334) 844-4145.
1. If you are attending in person, orientation is located at 1550 E. Glenn Ave. A parking permit is not required.
2. If instructed by your supervisor to attend orientation remotely (via Zoom), Human Resources will provide you with additional information the week of your scheduled session.
3. You must bring the following information to New Employee Orientation to complete your benefits enrollment:
Blue Cross Blue Shield health and/or dental insurance: Name, date of birth, and Social Security number of each covered dependent. A copy of your marriage certificate and one other document if covering spouse as well as a copy of the birth certificate or adoption papers for each child covered. Review the Dependent Eligibility Requirements for a full definition of an insurance dependent.
Group Life Insurance: Name and address of your beneficiary designations.
Retirement Systems of Alabama: Name, date of birth, and address of your beneficiary designations.
Other Valuable Information
Auburn University encourages all members of the Auburn Family to review the Drug Free Campus and Workplace resources. These pieces contain relevant polices, programs and services that address substance abuse intervention and prevention.
Questions related to this document may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.