Non-Conventional Vehicle Registration
A non-conventional vehicle is defined as any motorized vehicle, gas or electric powered, that is used to transport people, equipment or other goods. EXAMPLE: Golf carts, ATVs or low-speed vehicles.
1. All non-conventional vehicles operated on the Auburn University campus must be registered and display a permit issued by the Parking
Services Office. The vehicle model, color and serial number must be presented when registering the vehicle.
The permit must be renewed each year and displayed on the non-conventional vehicle. The cost of the permit is $20.
2. When parking, a non-conventional vehicle must not impede pedestrian or vehicular traffic. Parking of non-conventional vehicles is limited to designated cart parking areas and hard paved surfaces that do not block building entrances. They may not park in a designated parking space, in the roadway or in any tow-away zone as described by the Traffic and Parking Regulations.
3. Any non-conventional vehicle that does not either display a current permit or is parked illegally is subject to being ticketed and/or towed at the owners expense. Fines for ticketing non-conventional vehicles are the same as described for conventional vehicles on campus and will be assessed to the department for which the vehicle is registered.
4. Non-conventional vehicles shall be used on the Auburn University campus only for authorized University business with registration limited to University departments, contractors, or vendors. Registration and use of personal non-conventional vehicles to individual students, faculty, or staff is expressly prohibited.
5. All users of non-conventional vehicles must possess a U.S. driver’s license, be at least 18 years of age, have knowledge and comply with the State of Alabama motor vehicles laws, and successfully complete the Golf/Utility Cart and Low Speed Vehicle Safety course through Risk Management and Safety. It is the responsibility of the department to ensure drivers meet these requirements before operating a non-conventional vehicle.
Form for non-conventional vehicle registration
Last Updated: July 29, 2016