Auburn’s EDA University Center Program: Impacting Innovation and Entrepreneurs in Alabama
The Department of Commerce’s Economic Development Administration (EDA) supports universities in their mission to assist states and their economic development community through the “EDA University Center” program. Universities have many assets, including expertise, specialized equipment, and commercialization experience that can help grow regional and state economies.
Auburn’s University Center is a partnership among its Government and Economic Development Institute, The Lowder Center for Family Business and Entrepreneurship and the Office of External Engagement. This cross-disciplinary approach enables the center to broaden its mission and impacts, resulting in a stronger, better developed innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem in Alabama. The center accomplishes this mission by linking Auburn’s expertise with entrepreneurs and economic developers through training and hands-on project assistance.
The center assists student, faculty, and other Alabama entrepreneurs with concept and prototype development, business plan assistance, and commercialization expertise. It is collaborating with the Alabama Launchpad competition, part of the Economic Development Partnership of Alabama, to run an Auburn Regional Alabama Launchpad business plan competition open to all entrepreneurs within five-counties in East-Central Alabama.
For more information on Auburn University’s EDA University center, please contact David Mixson at 334.844.4704 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2020 State of Alabama Economic Report
- 2019 State of Alabama Economic Report
- 2018 State of Alabama Economic Report
- 2017 State of Alabama Economic Report
- EDA GRANT ENABLES AUBURN TO ASSIST SMALL BUSINESSES, START-UPS, AND ENTREPRENEURS
- Auburn University’s EDA University Center Assists Minority Businesses Through Training and Mentorship
- GEDI leverage's EDA grant to assist entrepreneurs and give students real-world experience
- Auburn University Awarded Funding Through Economic Development Competition
Last Updated: May 16, 2022