Young Professionals In Training
Young Professionals In Training (YPIT) is a mentoring and tutoring program for students in 5th–12th grade. The program will expose students from underrepresented populations to majors and careers on Auburn University's campus. YPIT is a collaboration between Auburn University Outreach, Truman Pierce Institute (TPI), and the Curtis House, a local non-profit. YPIT seeks to understand participants' challenges and needs by allowing them to be the drivers of the program. The ultimate goal of the program is to empower the participants and offer a pathway to Auburn University.
We are looking for students in grades 5–12 who are interested in attending college and would like to be mentored.
- Mentors and Tutors are Auburn University faculty, staff and students.
- Mentees are students in the Lee County and Macon County area in grades 5–12.
Mentoring and Tutoring
- Mentorlng sesslons are once a month (virtual for now)
- Parent mentoring sessions are once a month (virtual)
- Tutoring sessions are based on the needs of the students.
Register for Young Professionals In Training
How To Get Involved
To serve as a mentor or tutor, please email: email@example.com
Help Us Grow Our Program
Make a donation by desginating Center for Educational Outreach & Engagement as the recipient.
Last Updated: August 30, 2021