Photography Professional with Adobe Photoshop® Online Certification Program
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CERTIFICATE
The Photography Professional with Adobe Photoshop® program from Auburn University offers learners both the technical and business instruction necessary to get started in this exciting field. In order to be a successful photographer, it is important to understand the camera, lenses, concepts related to light and exposure, the digital workspace, and photo editing using computer software. Professional photographers especially must understand how to print and display their photos, how to organize a large number of photographs, and how to store them securely. Excellent photographers understand how to use light and design theory to create the desired image for a specific purpose. This program designed to teach digital photography skills to those seeking to become successful photographers.
Photography Professional with Adobe Photoshop® Online Program
The Photography Professional program from Auburn University focuses on the technical aspects of photography, starting a photography business, as well as the ins and outs of Adobe Photoshop for image editing. The photography industry is expected to grow 3 percent from 2014 to 2024. Photography professionals can use their artistic and technical skills to help any photography business grow, including their own. With the addition of Adobe Photoshop®, this program ensures learners have the technical skills to enhance their digital projects even further, editing and altering photos in a way that ensure clients are pleased with the work.
- Tuition: $3,950.00
Self-paced eLearning course includes 6-months access to online content, all eBooks, supplemental content, and related course materials, as applicable.
- Register: Enroll Now
- Contact: Call 334-844-5100 for more information.
- Students should have or be pursuing a high school diploma or GED.
Detailed Course Topics Covered
- Describe a career as a professional photographer including the different niches
- Explain the use of the various camera types and controls
- Describe the characteristics and use of various lenses
- Explain the physics of light and exposure in photography
- Identify the various equipment and workflow strategies needed by the professional photographer
- Explain basic image edition concepts
- Describe equipment, supplies, and techniques used to print and display photographs
- Describe effective strategies commonly used to organize and store images
- Describe the qualities of light are used to create desired image effects
- Explain basic photograph design concepts and techniques
- Identify major people and milestones in the history of photography
- Explain the different types of business structures common for professional photographers
- Explain the different components of a business plan for a photography business
- Explain how a professional photography can brand a photography business endeavor and how effective branding can help the photography business
- Explain the different components of a marketing plan for a photography business
- Explain common ways that a professional photographer can use social media to advance a photography business
- Explain the concepts related to costs and pricing in a photography business
- Detail the important considerations and legal and ethical principles related to the required contracts for a photography business
- Learn the foundational skills needed to effectively communicate using digital media tools
- Learn to use Adobe Photoshop®
Each course includes:
- 24/7 instructor support and course mentoring
- Student and instructor collaboration
- Engaging labs, student exercises, course videos and animated simulations
- Student pre and post assessments and online performance tracking
- National and state certification opportunities
- A secure Student Portal which includes: career guidance, resume writing and other career resources
How to Enroll
Use the following link to enroll: Photography Professional with Adobe Photoshop Program
Learn about this program and enroll: Photography Professional with Adobe Photoshop Program or call 334-844-5100.
Last Updated: July 23, 2021