Teacher’s Aide Online Certification Program
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CERTIFICATE
The Teacher’s Aide program from Auburn University introduces the historical, theoretical and developmental foundations for educating young children and designing and implementing developmentally appropriate curriculum in order to provide the primary teacher with the most help possible. Teacher’s Aides are essential to the effective management and flow of classrooms for early childhood education. Teacher’s Aides help to ensure primary teachers, administrators and instructors at this level are able to run an effective and efficient classroom whether as part of an education-focused day care, a nursery school or other education environment for young children Teacher’s Aides support the primary teacher in both instructional and clerical tasks, help with overall class supervision and can assist in a variety of special and day-to-day projects. Professionals committed to early childhood education understand how to communicate with children at this age and also how to design and implement curriculum in all subject areas that is both age- and developmentally-appropriate. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics jobs in this area are projected to grow 14% to 2030.
Teacher’s Aide Online Program
The Teacher’s Aide program from Auburn University focuses on development of children from birth through age 8, the roles, responsibilities and requirements of individuals working in early childhood classrooms as well as curriculum development so that Teacher’s Aides can assist the teachers most effectively while also helping to cultivate a creative, caring and nurturing environment for young children. This program will introduce early childhood education with a focus on developmental expectations and challenges of young children, supervising and caring for young children, as well as strategies and tools for educating young children by developing thoughtful, engaging and exciting lesson plans that will lay the foundation for their education for years to come.
- Tuition: $3,999.00
Self-paced eLearning course includes 6-months access to online content, all eBooks, supplemental content, and related course materials, as applicable.
- Register: Enroll Now
- Contact: Call 334-844-5100 for more information.
- Students should have or be pursuing a high school diploma or GED.
- National certification is available for students who complete this course including National Workforce Career Association (NWCA) Teacher’s Aide certification.
Detailed Course Topics Covered
- Analyze the roles, responsibilities, and requirements for those who work in early childhood education (ECE) settings and the evolution of the field of ECE
- Analyze current issues in ECE that have implications for children, families, and society
- Describe the age-related developmental accomplishments of young children from birth through age 8 in each of the developmental domains
- Analyze programs that support individual differences, culturally responsive, and inclusive
- Analyze ECE standards as related to preparing developmentally appropriate activities
- Analyze practices that ensure the health, safety, and well-being of all children
- Compare strategies to develop emotional self-regulation and avoid challenging behaviors
- Describe strategies that foster childcare worker and family partnerships
- Describe the role of assessment/documentation to inform curriculum development
- Analyze how a learning experience reflects a developmentally appropriate practice
- Explain how curriculum is affected by theories, models, government programs, and standards
- Create a plan to establish reciprocal relationships with families
- Plan developmentally appropriate learning environments and experiences for young children
- Compare different teaching techniques in relationship to children's development and learning
- Compare various forms of assessment for planning, documenting, communicating, and reflecting
- Design a developmentally appropriate math, science, technology, literacy, social studies, physical education, creative arts, or other integrated learning experiences
Each course includes:
- 24/7 instructor support and course mentoring
- Student and instructor collaboration
- Engaging labs, student exercises, course videos and animated simulations
- Student pre and post assessments and online performance tracking
- National and state certification opportunities
- A secure Student Portal which includes: career guidance, resume writing and other career resources
How to Enroll
Use the following link to enroll: Teacher’s Aide Program
Learn about this program and enroll: Teacher’s Aide Program or call 334-844-5100.
Last Updated: July 23, 2021