Tiger ID

Auburn University Employee/Affiliate ID

The Auburn University ID card is the official identification document for Auburn University faculty and staff. It is used as an official university identification document and permits access to buildings. It is used for access to campus job-related buildings, the Aquatic Center, Campus Recreation and The Ralph Brown Draughon Library.

Obtaining An Auburn University ID

Employee ID Card Services (EICS) requires U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents (LPR) to provide a valid government issued photo ID such as a driver's license, passport or military ID.

Foreign nationals should call EICS at 334-844-4386 to ensure they have been approved by the appropriate Auburn University office(s) to receive AU credentials. In addition, all AU-sponsored foreign nationals must first go to the Office of International Programs (OIP) prior to coming to the EICS office. EICS will not be able to process any foreign national without proper authorization.

IMPORTANT: If you are looking for information on student Tiger IDs, visit the Tiger ID homepage.


Deans, directors, department heads, affiliate sponsors and/or their designees may request a card for an affiliate by using the Access Request Form. Please note that ID Card Services does not offer access for: 

  • Access Control

  • Parking Services

  • Auburn University Libraries

Please call 334-844-4386 for additional information on these services. In addition, ID Card Services will no longer issue Duo security tokens.

Current Employees/Affiliates

Current AU employees and affiliates who wish to obtain a new identification card will also need to call 334-844-4386.There may be a fee assessed to obtain a new card.

Hours of Operation

Hours of operation for ID Card Services are 7:45 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

For More Information

Please email employeeid@auburn.edu

Common Questions

  • There is no charge for the intitial faculty or staff card.

  • There is a $25 charge for temporary employment (TES), affliate, and community cards.

  • The sponsoring department will submit an Access Request form in order for the ID to be granted for the following card types

    • Rec & Wellness

    • Library

    • Minster

    • Aquatics

    • Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI)

    • Alumni

  • Forms of payment accepted: Debit, credit, or payroll deduction (where applicable)

  • Call 334-844-4386 to schedule an appointment to replace a lost ID card.

  • Bring a valid government issued photo ID.

  • The replacement fee is $25

  • Forms of payment accepted: Debit, credit, or payroll deduction (where applicable)

  • No. University members are only permitted to hold one ID based on their primary role.

  • Individuals currently registered as a student should obtain a Tiger ID. Any access allotted to student employees will be loaded to their Tiger ID for employment purposes.

  • For information on obtaining a Student ID, email tigercard@auburn.edu or call 334-844-4507.

  • Students may also visit the Tiger ID office located in 1301 Harold D. Melton Student Center, Monday-Friday, 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. This office will be closed on all official Auburn University holidays.

Last updated: June 04, 2024