Computer Technician (CompTIA A+) Online Certification Program
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CERTIFICATE
The Computer Technician (CompTIA A+) program from Auburn University builds upon students’ existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer software and hardware in order to present fundamental concepts and techniques that technicians use every day on the job. Upon completing this course, students will gain the essential skills and technical expertise necessary to install, upgrade, configure, troubleshoot, optimize, repair and perform preventative maintenance on basic personal computer hardware and operating systems. This course is designed to fully prepare students to sit for and pass the CompTIA A+ (Core 1 and Core 2) Certification exams. Learn about this program and enroll today: Computer Technician (CompTIA A+) Program.
The Computer Technician (CompTIA A+) Profession
This course is designed to fully prepare students to sit for and pass the CompTIA A+ (Core 1 and Core 2) Certification exam. Upon completing this course, students will be able to support the IT infrastructure through installing and configuring systems to secure applications, and devices.
- Tuition: $3,999.00
Self-paced eLearning course includes 6-months access to online content, all eBooks, supplemental content, and related course materials, as applicable.
- Register: Enroll Now
- Contact: Call 334-844-5100 for more information.
- Students should have or be pursuing a high school diploma or GED.
- National certification is available for students who complete this course including CompTIA A+ (Core 1 and Core 2) Certification exams
Detailed Course Topics Covered
- Hardware: Identifying, using, and connecting hardware components, devices, and connectors
- Windows Operating System: Installing and supporting the Windows OS including command line and client support
- Software Troubleshooting: Troubleshooting PC, laptop, and mobile device issues including application security support
- Networking: Understanding types of networks and connections including TCP/IP, WIFI, and SOHO
- Hardware and Network Troubleshooting: Troubleshooting device and network issues
- Security: Identifying and protecting against security vulnerabilities for devices and their network connections
- Mobile Devices: Installing and configuring laptops and other mobile devices (wearable technology, fitness monitors, etc.) including cloud computing
- Other OS and Technologies: Understanding the Mac OS, Linux, and mobile OS
- Operational Procedures: Following best practices for safety, environmental impacts, communication, and professionalism
These programs include access to an online community with interactive content and robust student services.
Each course includes:
- 24/7 instructor support and course mentoring
- Student and instructor collaboration
- Engaging labs, student exercises, course videos and animated simulations
- Student pre and post assessments and online performance tracking
- National and state certification opportunities
- A secure Student Portal which includes: career guidance, resume writing and other career resources
Tuition includes all eBooks, workbooks and related course material.
How to Enroll
Use the following link to enroll: Computer Technician (CompTIA A+) Program
Learn about this program and enroll: Computer Technician (CompTIA A+) Program or call 334-844-5100.
Last Updated: July 23, 2021