Auburn University is consistently recognized as a best value in higher education by national publications that evaluate academic quality and cost.
- Money named Auburn the Best Value in the state, 2021.
- Kiplinger's listed Auburn as one of the top "100 Best Values in Public Colleges" and #1 in Alabama for 2019.
- Forbes names Auburn the top university in the state, 2019.
- U.S. News & World Report named Auburn the #1 university in the state, 2021.
- Niche.come named Auburn the top university in the state of Alabama, 2021.
Tuition is assessed each semester based on residency and hours enrolled. The amount that students pay in tuition and required fees represents a sizeable and important investment in their future. However, student payments alone do not cover the full cost of providing any of Auburn’s educational programs.
Even after state appropriations are included, some programs require funding through additional fees in order to provide the high-quality learning environment that students expect. Like the basic tuition and fees, these additional amounts help to cover not only the direct costs of providing instruction and advising in these programs but also indirect costs associated with Auburn’s role as a comprehensive center of higher education for the state.
Calculate tuition rates using Auburn’s new tuition calculator.
Cost of attendance is a term defined by the Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA) Section 472 and represents the average cost to attend a college or university for the fall and spring semesters of one academic year. It includes tuition and registration or student services fees and an estimate of average costs for books and supplies, room and board, transportation, and personal expenses.