The partnership of Auburn University and LEONI specializes in technical training, emphasizing hands-on learning methods with easy-to-understand, well-written courseware. We offer a full range of training options, from delivering courses to course creation, even book printing, all done in-house by our expert staff. Trying to start a technical training program? We have assisted many clients in building comprehensive programs from the ground up. LEONI is a training institution licensed by the state of Michigan and has trained more than 20,000 students.
This five-day core program is designed to prepare each student with the skills necessary for operations, installation, setup, programming, and basic operational troubleshooting of the Fanuc R3OiA/B Robot Controller and Manipulator.
- Overview and identification of control panel, teach pendant, and system components
- Safe operation of robot while operating in manual and auto modes
- Understanding and correcting robot operational errors and error message screens
- Joint, World, Tool, and User frame Coordinate System
- Introduction to Dual Check Safety(DCS), what ti checks and how the zones are set up
- Basic Recovery from a violation of a DCS zone
- Understanding of robot program language and program flow and sub-routines
- Use and understanding common program commands
- Program creation and modification techniques
- Principals and understanding of the plant I/O usage and manipulation
- Understanding and troubleshooting of the plant-specific I/o communication networks(Ethernet and DeviceNet)
- Dispense, material Handling and Spot Tool applications as required by area
- Understanding of the plant-specific programming standards
This five-day core program is designed to prepare each student with the skills necessary to efficiently apply the RSLogix5000 software to control and diagnose ControlLogix and/or GuardLogix controlled equipment in a plant floor environment.
- ControlLogix / GuardLogix System Introduction
- ControlLogix and/or GuardLogix Hardware Overview
- RSLinx and Going Online
- Navigating the RSLogix5000 software in order to troubleshoot the system
- RSLogix Programming Utilizing the Instruction Sets
- Interpreting an RSLogix5000 Project (Tasks, Programs, Routines, Data Types)
- Basic I/O Configuration
- File Functions (Uploading, Downloading, Saving
- Interpreting RSLogix5000 Project Naming Conventions (Tag Names, Aliases, Addressing)
- Troubleshooting LED Indicators
- Basic Troubleshooting Techniques Using RSLogix5000 (Searching and Cross-Referencing)
- Forcing and Toggling
- Discovering DeviceNet Hardware and Softare using RSNetWorx for DeviceNet
- Discovering EtherNet/IP Hardware and Software using RSNetWorx for EtherNet/IP
Contact us for more information on how to register for this course.
We know that investing in training is expensive, and having your workforce armed with the right skillset to troubleshoot your equipment can make the difference between success and failure in eliminating downtime.
There are five reasons that set AU-LEONI Training apart from others:
- We offer a customized training solution. Our training is customized to your facility’s programs and applications, offering flexible topics and curriculum, not a generic “canned” training course with little relevance to your workforce’s needs.
- We take a systems approach to training. We cover more than just the pieces — robots, PLCs, drives, conveyors, and field devices, for example. We can cover your entire integrated automation system, and how to troubleshoot from HMIs, down to the component level.
- Our training is flexible. Courses can be hosted at your site with our mobile training equipment, at our training center, or through our college partners.
- We teach applications and processes. Not only is the hardware itself important, a thorough understanding of what it does is equally critical, regardless if it’s material handling, palletizing, flow processing, machining, welding, or stamping.
- We guide technology migration: We can show your workforce how to transition from one technology to a newer one. Because our instructors have decades of experience and are cross-trained on multiple technologies, we can do something unique: take your workforce’s existing knowledge and tie that into how the new automation is different (for example, migrating to Siemens from Rockwell). This not only saves time but also reinforces confidence in your workforce.
For information about this and other training opportunities please contact:
- Daniel Yu, Ph.D.
The Office of Professional & Continuing Education at Auburn University
Office: (334) 844-3107
Cell: (334) 740-6068
Last Updated: March 30, 2021