This information is for a full-time employee who terminates employment with Auburn University.

W-2 Address

If applicable, update the address through Self-Service Banner or complete and submit the Request for Mailing Address Change of Former Employees form. 

To access Form W-2 and/or the paystub, vist the W-2 Form for Inactive Employees website. The Employee ID number must be entered to access Form W-2 and/or the paystub.

Annual Leave and/or Sick Leave Pay Upon Termination

Annual Leave
  • Eligible employees will be compensated for accrued unused annual leave at the time of separation from university employment (termination or retirement) to a maximum of one month's additional compensation (173.33 hours).

  • Annual leave payout at termination occurs as soon as administratively possible after the employee's last paycheck.

Sick Leave

Eligible employees hired before Oct. 1, 1990, may be compensated for accrued unused sick leave at the time of separation from university employment (termination or retirement) to a maximum of one additional month's compensation (173.33 hours).

Transfer of Sick Leave to Another School or Agency Which Participates in the RSA Teachers Retirement System: Employees who transfer to or from another school or agency that participates in the State Teachers Retirement system, on or after August 2001, may retain their accrued and unused sick leave balances. Sick leave which is transferred to Auburn University may be used for any purpose normally permitted for sick leave.

Health/Dental/Vision Insurances

Upon termination of employment an employee and their dependents will be covered for the time period for which their last premium was deducted. Coverage shall cease automatically and without notice unless coverage is continued under the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA). Information regarding an employee's rights to coverage continuation will be mailed to their address of record. Completed forms must be returned to the address and by the deadlines included in the materials sent to them. Questions should be directed to Human Resources, Benefits.

Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)

Eligible expenses may be incurred up until termination date. The employee will then have 90 days following the termination date to file for reimbursement of eligible expenses. Questions should be directed to Human Resources, Benefits.

Contact Information for Other Health and Welfare Benefits:




Vision Care

AU Human Resources

(334) 844-4145

Cancer Insurance with Colonial

Jodi Skaggs, Premier Worksite Solutions

(205) 588-2604, ext. 2

Group Life Insurance with The Standard

Taree Murphy

(800) 962-1672, ext. 0162

Supplemental Life Insurance with Colonial

Jodi Skaggs, Premier Worksite Solutions

(205) 588-2604, ext. 2

Supplemental Long-Term Disability

Jodi Skaggs, Premier Worksite Solutions

(205) 588-2604, ext. 2


Retirement Systems of Alabama

Once a member terminates employment prior to retirement eligibility, they have three options:

  1. If the member is vested (has at least 10 years of service), retirement contributions may be left in the system until age 60. The member may apply for service retirement to be effective the first of the month following attainment of age 60.

  2. With less than 10 years of service, the member may leave contributions in the system for up to five years. If the member has not returned to employment as a participating member, the account will be terminated and contributions plus any refundable accrued interest will be payable to the member.

  3. The member may withdraw all retirement contributions and refundable interest. Member contributions are only refunded at the request of the member upon termination of employment and application for refund. To request a refund complete RSA Form 7, Notice of Final Deposit and Request for Refund and send to Auburn University Human Resources, Payroll & Employee Benefits. Refunds may be subject to a federal tax penalty.

Tax Deferred Annuities Plan 403(b) and Deferred Compensation Plan 457(b) and/or Roth

Withdrawn contributions which were made on a tax deferred basis will be considered taxable income in the year in which they are received and, if the employee is younger than 59 1/2 years of age, the amount will be subject to a tax penalty. Questions concerning withdrawal of funds or retirement income should be directed to the contacts listed below:




Fidelity Investments

John Schultz

(678) 928-1442

Lincoln Financial Group

Carey Beaven

(404) 625-8402


Jared Gilbert or Kimya Kamran

Service and Scheduling Group – (800) 732-8353

Corebridge Financial (formerly VALIC/AIG)

Cindy HaynesBrian LedbetterJessica Mask, or Sheila Bendall

(334) 734-0823 (Cindy), (334) 201-4861 (Brian), (334) 740-7835/(334) 703-5657 (Jessica), or (205) 234-1758 (Sheila)

For additional questions, please contact AU Human Resources, 334-844-4145 or email or

Last updated: 05/11/2023