Short Term Faculty Exchange and Student(s) Service Learning Programs
The AU Outreach Global Office (OGO) provides affordable, short-term service-learning experiences to international students who cannot afford traditional study abroad programs and also allowing faculty outreach engagement and research opportunities in a short timeframe for about 1-2 weeks. Outreach global abroad service-learning programs exposes students, faculty, staff, and non-university participants to experience diverse perspectives, enhance awareness, education, history, and critical thinking about social issues such as cultural differences, customs, traditions, religion, politics, and the world economy.
- Global faculty partners and students will be responsible for their flights, hotel accommodations, meals, local transportation, and related expenses.
- Participants will be responsible for payment of fees for non-degree certificate programs such as grant writing courses, leadership and management programs, OGO and Fulbright Association GEP program etc.
- AU OGO will issue a visa letter to all participants participating in the short-term programs. Please note, visa letter will be issued after registration of the program(s) and the letter does not guarantee U.S visa. All participants must adhere to their local U.S. consulate visa requirements.
- AU OGO will facilitate the hotel, local transportation and restaurants arrangement in Auburn, Alabama, and surrounding communities.
Programs for the short-term faculty and students’ programs:
- Community outreach programs in Auburn and selected counties in Alabama, USA
- Fulbright in the classroom
- Civic education
- Youth programs
- Customized enrichments programs/training
- Cultural immersion program
- Introduction to basic computer graphic design
Registration information coming soon.
Dr. Elizabeth Quansah
Office of Outreach Global
Last Updated: August 17, 2022